Android is an operating system widely used in mobile devices. You can create applications for android operating system. It is a booming market for mobile application development.
An Introduction To Android
- Android gives us a rich application framework that allows us to create innovative applications and games for mobile devices using the Java language environment.
- If you are a newbie to Android development, then it is very essential for you to understand the concepts covered in the following sections related to
Android app framework:
- Android apps provide multiple entry point options:
- Applications are created as a combination of different components that can be called individually.
- For example, a single activity provides us a screen for user interface and a service operates independently and does the work in the background.
- You can start another component from one component using an
- You can even call a component in a different application, for example an activity in a maps application to display an address.
- This model allows multiple entry spots for a single application and allows any application to act like a user’s default for an action that other applications may invoke.
- Android application can adapt to different devices
- Android gives an adaptive app framework where we are allowed to provide unique resources for different types of device configurations.
- For instance, one can create different XML layout files for screens of varying sizes and the system decides which layout to apply based on the device’s screen size.
- One can query the availability of any device features required by an app during runtime such as requiring a hardware like a camera.
- If needed , you can also declare features that your application needs so that markets like Google Play do not install application on devices that do not support such features.