Features of Java
Java programming language has a syntax similar to C language. It was developed by Sun engineer James Gosling on May 23, 1995. This Java Tutorial is about the java features. The main features of Java language are:
- It is platform independent language:
Java programs are converted into byte code and byte code is a machine independent code. Hence it can execute on any machine/platform.
- Java uses compiler as well as interpreter:
Java program is compiled by compiler and converted into byte code. Then byte code is executed by interpreter line by line.
- Java is an object-oriented programming language:
Java supports all the features of Object Oriented Programming.
- Java is an easy and familiar language:
Java supports syntax that is similar to C and C++ for control statements, conditional statement, variable declaration and operators.
- Java is a robust language:
It supports exception handling for handling run time error.
- Java supports multi-programming:
It supports thread to implement multi programming.